With Father’s Day fast approaching, you may be looking for delicious Father’s Day recipe ideas to treat the father figure in your life. We’re here to help you create a fabulous Father’s Day menu, with dishes he’s likely never tried before and is certain to never forget.
We’ve curated five of the best game meat recipes to surprise dad with this Father’s Day. Welsh game meat is superbly rich in flavour and firm in texture, lending itself to countless recipes with something to suit all palates and what’s not to love about locally sourced, sustainable meat that’s also incredibly delicious? Discover our favourite Welsh game meat recipes below.
1. Game Pie Recipe: Venison Pie with Celeriac Rosti| If you’re looking for a real showstopping recipe for Father’s Day then this game pie recipe is perfect. A hearty and delicious recipe showcasing the very best Welsh ingredients, this is sure to delight dad this Father’s Day.
2. Roast Pheasant with a Red Wine Jus| Another showstopping dish that utilises the whole bird, this is the perfect dish for a small gathering. Typically serving two people, the short roast pheasant cooking time is ideal for those who don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen cooking and spending more quality time with Dad! And what’s more – there should be plenty of your favourite Welsh red wine left for a tipple or two!
3. Pheasant Breast Yoghurt Curry| One for the curry lover this Father’s Day, this delicious pheasant breast recipe ticks all the boxes. Bursting with flavour, this wonderfully Welsh curry recipe is quick and simple to make and utilises the very best, sustainable meat. It’s an all-round winner!
4. Venison Haunch and Mushroom Stroganoff| An incredibly delicious recipe that’s super quick and easy to make, this dish uses venison haunch – one of the best cuts of venison for its versatility. This tasty stroganoff recipe serves four people, but if there’s a few of you celebrating Father’s Day, simply double the ingredients to treat 8 people to this wonderful venison recipe.
5. Partridge Parcels with Welsh Cider| A wonderfully Welsh recipe that showcases the very best Welsh ingredients, from locally sourced game meat to award winning Welsh cider, this is a fabulous game recipe to treat Dad to this Father’s Day.
Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy midweek meal or an elegant dinner party dish, game meat lends itself to many a great tasting recipe from curries to casseroles, pasta dishes to pot roasts and pies, it can easily be used as a healthy substitute in your favourite go-to recipes.