Prep Time: 2 mins Cook Time: 0 mins Serves: 6-8 people
Our wonderful friend Karen, aka Lavender and Lovage shares her favourite canape recipe with us this Christmas, using some of her favourite Welsh ingredients.
“This easy to prepare starter or amuse bouche, is delicious, and showcases the best of Welsh produce and ingredients. Simple but elegantly served, the Welsh Cheddar and Ale Pate marries so well with the Cured Ham on Oatcakes with Laverbread, Cheese & Leek Cocktail Crackers and a small glass of Welsh Apple Brandy.”
- 1 x box of Patchwork Pâté Snowdonia Cheddar Pâté with Welsh Ale & Chives
- 1 x 100g packet Carmarthen Ham Caerfyrddin
- 1 x box Cradoc’s Leek & Caerphilly Cocktail Crackers
- 1 x box Daffodil Cottage Oatcakes with Laverbread
- 1 bottle of Da Mhile Apple Brandy
Arrange the crackers and oatcakes on a serving platter with the ham and cheese pate.
Spread the cheese pate onto the crackers and oatcakes and arrange some cured Carmarthen ham on top.
Serve with a liqueur glass of apple brandy.