These deliciously indulgent, homemade chocolate truffles are elevated with one key ingredient; coffee! A simple recipe requiring minimal input, these bite-size homemade truffles are perfect for sharing and are sure to go down a storm!
- 200g Dark Chocolate (finely chopped)
- 75ml Coaltown Coffee
- 1/2 tbsp Salted Butter
- 125ml Unsweetened Cocoa for rolling the truffles
1. Place the finely chopped chocolate into a high-sided bowl or in a blender.
2. Brew the coffee by your desired method.
3. Pour the hot coffee over chocolate and blend, or if in a bowl, use a hand-held mixer.
4. Stir until you achieve a smooth consistency.
5. Add the butter and stir into the mixture until very smooth consistency is reached. Make
sure all chocolate lumps are melted.
6. Let stand at room temperature for one to two hours until ganache has set and is firm.
7. Once ready, either dust your work surface with cocoa powder and spoon the mixture out
onto the worktop and roll into a long sausage and then cut into bite-size pieces. Use the
counter to flatten one end of the truffle to create a bottom.
8. Alternatively, using a melon baller, scoop out individual balls and roll in the cocoa powder.
9. Place on parchment paper to set for several hours.
10. Store truffles in the refrigerator in and air-tight plastic container or bag for 1 week or freeze,
triple wrapped, in freezer bags for 1-2 months.