Wondering what to do with all that leftover cheese and crackers following a dinner party or family gathering? Then look no further, this deliciously simple mac’n’cheese recipe from our friend, ‘The Photographer’s Table’ is the perfect solution. No more soggy crackers!
- 140g Macaroni
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 240ml Whole Milk, At Room Temperature
- 120g Mature Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper, To Taste
- Parmesan, Grated
1.First, cook the macaroni in generous amount of salted boiling water according to the package directions until al dente.
2. In a sauce pan, add in butter and melt it.
3. Then add in flour and cook it over low heat to make a white sauce.
4. Then add in a quarter of milk and stir until smooth.
5. Then add in the remaining milk and over medium heat bring it to a boil, gently stirring constantly.
6. When boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes or until it reaches the desired
7. Remove from the heat, and add in the grated cheese. Then stir until the cheese is melt and the sauce is smooth.
8. For the cracker crumb topping, crush crackers and mix with the parmesan.
9. Please in a medium hot oven for 10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
10. Allow to cool whilst you finish off your mac n cheese.
11. Now pour drained pasta over the cheese sauce in the pan and stir until well coated. No need to add pasta cooking water for this recipe.
12. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
13. To serve, sprinkle the cracker crumb over the mac n cheese and enjoy!