Prep Time: 30 mins Cook Time: 5 mins Serves: 2 people
A quick and easy plant based stir fry with layers of heat and crunch from vegetables, this delicious vegan recipe was created exclusively for us by The Tidy Kitchen Co. in collaboration with Matt Pritchard.
- 225g of Tofu
- 2 tbsps Maggies Original Chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Salt and pepper to season
- ½ red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ½ red pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 bok or pak choi, bottoms removed, stalks thinly sliced and leaves left whole
- Handful of coriander, stalks and leaves
- 2 tbsps of sesame seeds, toasted
- 5-6 whole candied jalapenos
- 2 tsps of chilli and garlic salt
- 100g of basmati rice
- 30g desiccated coconut
To make the tofu, marinate in the chilli sauce and maple syrup and season to taste. You can always make spicier with more chilli sauce but keep an eye on that heat! Pop to one side for a minimum of ½ an hour
Rainbow veg- prep all veg and wash if needed. Sometimes bok/pak choi can be dirty so run under cold water to clean. Once all thinly sliced, pop to one side and pop the rice on.
Rice – Cook rice as per instructions on packet, stir through coconut.
Keep rice warm with lid or in tinfoil in warm over and start your stir fry. With a pan on medium to high heat, drain your tofu and add to the sizzling hot pan. Wait until it starts caramelised and flip to brown all over. Add in your thinly sliced vegetables and cook for 5 for so minutes until the vegetables have softened but still have a nice crunch. Pour the in marinade from the tofu and stir well over the heat. Add your fresh coriander and stir
To Serve – pop your rice underneath and load the tofu and rainbow veg on top, pop 5-6 jalapenos on top and finish with a shake of toasted sesame seeds and a liberal sprinkling of garlic and chilli salt. Enjoy!